Crabbyless Crab Cake Sandwich
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Grilled hearts of palm patty topped with lettuce and tomato on a whole grain bun
- 1/2 Tbsp dry egg replacer
- 1 Tbsp 1 tsp water
- 1 lb canned hearts of palm drained, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided in 3 parts
- 1/4 cup red pepper seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion trimmed, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs divided in 2 parts
- 1 Tbsp 1 tsp nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp low sodium old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 ea whole grain rolls
- 8 ea green leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 ea tomato slices
- Combine egg replacer and water. Mix well.
- In food processor, place hearts of palm. Pulse until mixture resembles flaked crabmeat.
- In sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tbsp of oil. Add red pepper, onion and garlic. Sauté until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Chill.
- Combine chilled vegetable mixture, flaked hearts of palm, vegan mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, egg replacer mixture, nutritional yeast, Old Bay seasoning, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp of oil, Tabasco sauce, and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Portion mixture into 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. Press each portion into a 2 1/2" cake. Coat cakes on all sides with bread crumbs.
- On flat-top griddle over medium-high, heat 1 Tbsp of oil. Cook cakes, turning once, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a whole grain roll with lettuce and tomato. Top with coleslaw and tartar sauce if desired.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||13g2.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||49g5g6g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.