Print RecipePrint Recipe
Moist spiced zucchini bread with raisins and walnuts. So delicious, you'd never guess that it's made with whole wheat flour and also vegan!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dry egg replacer powdered egg substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cup fresh zucchini squash trimmed, shredded
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz raisins
- 2 oz walnuts halves & pieces, chopped
- Preheat convection oven to 300 F.
- In mixer bowl, combine sugar, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, egg replacer, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Using paddle attachment, mix on low speed until well blended.
- Add zucchini, applesauce, oil, water and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed 30 seconds. Stop mixer. Scrape bowl and paddle. Beat on medium speed until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Into full sheet pan coated with cooking spray, spread batter.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack and cut into 16 portions.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||13g1.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||38g2g21g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.