Minestrone Verde Soup
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Savory blend of beans, ditalini pasta, carrots, tomatoes and spinach in a pesto broth.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion trimmed, diced
- 1/4 cup celery trimmed, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot trimmed, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic cloves peeled, minced
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth 2-32 oz cartons
- 1 can low sodium great northern beans 15 oz can - rinsed, drained
- 1 can diced tomato, no salt added 15 oz - drained
- 1/4 cup potato peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup green cabbage cut
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme leaf
- 2 cups ditalini pasta cooked al dente according to package
- 1 pkg frozen spinach 10 oz - chopped
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- In stockpot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta, spinach and pesto. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer until potato is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in pasta and spinach. Cook until heated through. Stir in pesto.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||5g1g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||15g4g2g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.