Sheet Pan Breakfast with Avocados
Print RecipePrint Recipe
This is a delicious, plant-forward breakfast with bold flavors and nutrients – and only requires one pan for preparation and cooking.
- 8 oz sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby kale packed
- 1 medium avocado halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine potatoes and onion on 9 x 13-inch sheet pan. Stir in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes until evenly coated. Roast 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in baby kale, avocado, remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil and then make four wells. Crack eggs one at a time and carefully place one egg in each well.
- Return sheet pan to oven and cook until egg whites are set, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil.
|Total FatSaturated Fat||20g3.5g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||21g5g3g|
|Vitamin A80%||Vitamin C60%|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.