Print RecipePrint Recipe
A blended burger combines roasted mushrooms with ground beef to create a tastier burger that is better for you and the environment!
- 16 oz fresh mushroom slices 2- 8oz containers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- 8 ea whole grain rolls
- 8 ea green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 ea tomato sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine mushrooms, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan, spread mushrooms in single layer.
- Roast until tender, 20 minutes. Cool.
- In a food processor, puree mushrooms on medium speed for 10 seconds. Scrape the side with a rubber spatula and blend another 10 seconds.
- Add mushroom mixture to beef. Mix until well blended.
- Preheat flat-top griddle to 350 F or grill pan to medium-high.
- Portion beef and mushroom mixture into eight 4 oz. patties.
- Place on hot griddle. Cook patties 3 minutes. Turn patties over. Cook until internal temperature reaches 155F, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve on a whole grain roll with lettuce and tomato.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||18g5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||34g4g6g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.