Steel Cut Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Print RecipePrint Recipe
This hot and hearty breakfast pairs steel cut oats, tart Granny Smith apples, ground cinnamon, and sweet apple juice.
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup shredded Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- In a pot over high heat, combine water, apple juice, apples, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Add oats. Stir. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let rest, covered, 20 minutes. Stir before serving.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||3g0.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||46g5g14g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.