Southwest Chicken Grain Bowl
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Chicken, greens, corn, black beans and vegetables tossed with a hearty blend of whole-grain brown rice and quinoa.
- 2/3 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/3 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 1/2 ounces grilled chicken cubed (substitute any cooked chicken)
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels thawed to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped (1" pieces)
- 1 cup fresh kale greens washed, stems removed, chopped (1" pieces)
- 1/3 cup fresh tomato cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh green onion (scallion) trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup chipotle vinaigrette recipe follows
- 1 ounce tortilla chips about 8
- Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce canned chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 tsp fresh green onion (scallion) trimmed and chopped
- 3/4 tsp water
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- In blender or food processor, combine all vinaigrette ingredients except oil. Blend until smooth.
- With blender running, slowly add oil in a thin, steady stream until well blended.
- Use as needed in recipe or refrigerate until needed and whisk before using.
- In large bowl, combine brown rice and quinoa. Add cooked chicken, corn, black beans, Romaine lettuce, kale, tomato, and scallions. Add chipotle vinaigrette. Toss to mix.
- Divide into two serving bowls. Top each with 4 tortilla chips for crunch. Serve immediately.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||13g2.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||49g5g8g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.