Middle Eastern Chickpea Toast
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Creamy hummus, tomato cucumber salad, spicy harissa and crispy chickpeas on toasted wheat bread
- Roasted Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup low sodium canned chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- Tomato Cucumber Herb Salad
- 1/2 cup tomato cored, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 2 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp green onions (scallions) trimmed, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 slices wheat breat toasted
- 1 cup hummus classic or traditional
- 2 Tbsp harissa hot chili pepper paste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. On sheet pan coated with cooking spray, spread chickpeas in single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until crispy, 40 to 45 minutes.
Tomato Cucumber Herb Salad
- Combine all ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Spread 2-3 Tbsp of hummus on 1 slice of toast. On hummus topped toast, layer 2oz of salad, 1 tsp Harissa Sauce and 1 Tbsp Roasted Chickpeas.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||7g1g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||22g1g3g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.