Kung Pao Cauliflower
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Forget takeout! This vegetarian stir-fry combines roasted cauliflower, red peppers and green onions in a chili garlic sauce you can find in your grocery store.
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets about 1” pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3/4 cup fresh red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green onion (scallion) trimmed, cut into 2” pieces
- 1/4 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts substitute another nut or seed or omit if allergies
- 1/2 cup prepared chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh jalapeño washed and thinly sliced (or to taste)
- 3 cups jasmine rice cooked, kept hot for service
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cauliflower with 1/2 Tbsp oil. Toss to coat.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan, place cauliflower in single layer. Bake until fork-tender, 10-12 minutes.
- In saute pan or wok over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Add red pepper, scallion and peanuts (if using). Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, roasted cauliflower and jalapeño. Toss to coat. Stir-fry until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
|Total FatSaturated Fat||9g1g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||43g4g8g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.