Egg White Flatbread with Spinach-Feta Spread
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Wake up your morning! Egg whites, spinach, tomato and a zesty spinach-feta spread get folded into a whole grain flatbread.
- Egg White Flatbread
- 1 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 flatbread, whole grain approx. 6" x 6" size
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Spinach-Feta Spread see recipe below
- 1/4 cup baby spinach or more to taste
- 1 slice tomato cored and cut in half
- Spinach Feta Spread
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 clove garlicd peeled and minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Egg White Flatbread
- In small saute pan, heat oil or cooking spray. Add egg whites and cook as you would an omelette. Try to keep the eggs fluffy and in a shape that will easily fit in folded flatbread.
- Spread 1-1/2 Tbsp Spinach-Feta Spread over flatbread.
- Layer on one half of flatbread the cooked egg whites (cut in half as needed to fit), spinach and tomato slices.
- Fold flatbread over ingredients to form a sandwich. Serve warm.
Spinach Feta Spread
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in sauté pan; add spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, chili flakes and oregano. Stir and cook 1 minute more. Turn off heat and let mixture cool slightly.
- Put spinach mixture into food processor. Add feta cheese, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Process until smooth. Mixture can be covered and refrigerated until ready for use.
|Total FatSaturated Fat||9g2g|
|Total CarbDietary Fiber||28g3g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.