Chocolate Zucchini & Carrot Muffins
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Freshly baked vegan muffin made of zucchini & carrots mixed with raisins, cocoa, cinnamon & vanilla.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup plain oat milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips vegan (Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup zucchini trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot trimmed and shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins seedless
- Preheat conventional oven to 325 F (or convection oven to 300 F).
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine oat milk, applesauce, syrup and vanilla.
- In stockpot over low heat, combine chocolate and oil, melt chocolate, stir until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well incorporated. Add melted chocolate.
- Fold in zucchini, carrot and raisins.
- Into each paper-lined standard muffin-pan (12), portion and scoop batter.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 25 to 27 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool on racks.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||7g0g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||24g5g4g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.