Cauliflower and Beet Tagine
Print RecipePrint Recipe
A hearty plant-forward stew made with beets, cauliflower, chickpeas, tomatoes and spices served with couscous.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 head fresh cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 2/3 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 3 small beets (raw) peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onion, garlic and spices and cook gently together until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, mix well, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and maple syrup, then bring to the boil.
- Add the broth and simmer until the cauliflower is just tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the beets and chickpeas and cook for 5 more minutes. The liquids should be reduced and form a sauce around the vegetables.
- Serve over couscous prepared according to package directions.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||7.8g1.3g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||88g14g29g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.