A crispy crust topped with mushrooms, peppers and melted cheese that kids will love. Fresh peppers provide vitamin C and mushrooms are one of the few foods to offer vitamin D, which helps build strong bones. (Serves 6)
- 1 (12-inch) Italian pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup red pepper strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place crust on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce; top with cheese and vegetables.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy golden.
Nutrition Highlights (per serving): Calories 230; Fat 8 grams; Sodium 580 milligrams
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.