Wholesome Fruit and Nut Salad
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Avocado, grapes, crisp apples, peanuts and whole-grain quinoa tossed with mixed greens and a blueberry-balsamic vinaigrette.
- 3/4 cup quinoa cooked according to directions
- 1/2 lb red seedless grapes cut in half
- 3/4 cup red apple (any variety) cored and chopped (Tip: toss with a little lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves washed
- 1/2 cup Napa cabbage shredded
- 1-2 Tbsp cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 1/2 cup blueberry-balsamic vinaigrette recipe follows
- 3/4 cup avocado pitted, peeled and diced 1/2"
- 3 Tbsp dry roasted and salted peanuts chopped
- Blueberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette your favorite prepared dressing
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, thawed
- Divide among 6 bowls: lettuce, spinach, Napa cabbage, quinoa, grapes, apples and cilantro.
- Drizzle each bowl with blueberry-balsamic vinaigrette.
- Top with diced avocado and chopped peanuts.
- Blend dressing and blueberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||17g2.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||33g6g18g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.