Sweet Potato Falafel with Tahini Yogurt
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Simple to make, easy to share, and most importantly, delicious to eat.
- 1 ea large sweet potato diced
- 1 can chickpeas drained (15oz can)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp lowfat plain Greek yogurt lowfat or nonfat
- 1 tsp mint leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Chimichurri spice
- 1 tsp coriander chopped
- 1 ea red onion chopped
- 2 ea garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds roasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the sweet potato, allow to cool, peel and mash.
- Mash chickpeas and add to sweet potato along with chopped herbs, spices, garlic and red onions, and seasoning.
- Roll mixture into balls and chill.
- Combine the tahini with the yogurt and a little water.
- Bake the falafel balls in the oven at the same temperature (350 F) for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- Once cooked, drizzle over the yogurt dressing and the toasted sesame seeds.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||8g1g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||28g7g6g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.