Harvest Avocado Toast
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Open-faced tartine with avocado, caramelized apples, blue cheese, cranberries & toasted pumpkin seeds
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Seeds
- 6 Tbsp raw shelled pumpkin seeds unsalted
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter or plant-based butter like earth balance
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Sautéed Apples with Thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups granny smith apple cored, cut into wedges
- 1/4 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves minced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Avocado Toast
- 6 slices Italian panini bread or choice of whole grain bread
- 1 lb chunky avocado pulp
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
Brown Butter Pumpkin Seeds
- In sauté pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add pumpkin seeds. Cook, stirring often until seeds are browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Cool.
- Combine pumpkin seeds and salt. Toss to mix.
Sautéed Apples with Thyme
- In sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add remaining ingredients. Sauté until apple is caramelized, 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Coat both sides of each slice of bread with cooking spray.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan, place bread slices in single layer.
- Bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool.
- For 1 serving, spread 1/3 cup avocado pulp on 1 slice of toast. Layer avocado toast with 1/4 cup sautéed apples, 2 Tbsp blue cheese, 1 Tbsp cranberries, and 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||25g7g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||44g9g15g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.