- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup Quaker Kettle Hearty® oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots sliced 1/4"
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh
- 2 Tbsp black chia seeds
- Soak the dried apricots in the fresh orange juice for at least 15 minutes. Soak the chia seeds in 1/4-1/3 cup of water for at least 15 minutes to hydrate them into a gel.
- In a large stockpot or steam kettle, bring the almond milk to a boil. Add oats, salt, honey and almond extract and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook at a low simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand covered for 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the almonds, soaked apricots with all the orange juice and chia gel.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||11g0.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||36g8g12g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.