- 1 lb pasta lentil or chickpea
- 1 ea lemon sliced
- 2 cups chickpeas canned, rinsed, drained
- 1 ea red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta boils, pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the lemon slices evenly on the paper. Bake for 15 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl with the baked lemons, red onion, cherry tomatoes and parsley.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season to taste then pour over pasta mixture. Toss until all ingredients are coated.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||25g3.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||56g7g7g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.