Having healthy snacks at hand is key to avoiding the temptation of unhealthy alternatives. Create your own zesty garlic snack mix to stave off afternoon cravings and to power the rest of your day.
Zesty Garlic Crunch Snack Mix
- 1 box (16oz.) Wheat or Oats Squares Cereal
- 2 Cups Small Pretzels (whole grain or plain)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Salt
- Heat your oven to 250°.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and cheese. Toss to distribute the cheese throughout.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the oil with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and onion salt. Mix well.
- Pour the oil mixture over the cereal and toss to coat evenly.
- Lay the cereal out on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Nutrition Highlights (Per Serving – Serving Size ½ Cup) Calories: 120 Fat: 2.5g Sodium: 260mg
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.