- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp extra fine granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup egg liquid beaters
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter substitute Smart Balance or Earth Balance
- 1 ea banana peeled, diced 1/4"
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder. Whisk until well blended.
- Combine milk, egg, water and butter substitute. Whisk until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients all at once to wet ingredients. Whisk until just blended. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not overmix.
- Preheat flat-top griddle to 350 F.
- Coat hot griddle with cooking spray.
- On griddle, pour 2-oz ladles batter 3" apart. Immediately add 1 Tbsp diced banana to each pool of batter.
- Cook until top of pancakes are covered with bubbles and edges begin to dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||2g1g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||18g2g7g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.