Lunch is the pivot point in your day. The right lunch gives you the energy you need to accomplish your afternoon “to-do” list. These tuna wraps are a slight twist on an old classic that’s light enough to not weigh you down but filling enough to keep you satisfied. Throw in some fresh romaine lettuce, celery, and tomato for a crisp flavor and combine that with the twist you get from a splash of lemon juice and you get a power lunch that you’ll crave like clockwork.
Tuna Wrap (serves 4)
- 4 Whole Grain Tortilla, 10 Inch
- ½ Cup Romaine Lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 Medium Fresh Tomato, diced or sliced
- 8 oz. Can light tuna, drained
- ¼ Cup Fresh Celery, Diced
- ¹/³ Cup Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Using a fork, flake the tuna apart until the chunks are your desired size.
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, black pepper, and celery in a bowl. To assemble each wrap, lay out a tortilla onto a large cutting board or similar working surface. Add ¼ of tuna mixture, ¼ of the lettuce, and ¼ of the tomato into the center of the tortilla. Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla two inches or so towards the center, being careful not to tear or strain tortilla. Roll the tortilla closed, with the seam on the bottom to keep the wrap from coming undone.
Nutrition Highlights (Per Serving) Calories: 350 Fat: 11g Sodium: 750mg
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.