Choosing the right breakfast foods help you set the tone for your whole day. Meals that are high in protein provide you with sustained energy to help you conquer whatever comes your way. Omelets are a quick and excellent option for a protein-fueled breakfast. They can also be made with just about any combination of vegetable filling you want, giving you a customizable way to add vegetables to your breakfast. This Mediterranean-inspired omelet uses fat-free egg whites but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
Greek Omelet (serves 1)
- Cooking Spray
- ¼ Cup Cooked Potato (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Green Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove (finely minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Ripe Olives (drained, sliced)
- 2/3 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Milk, Fat Free
- Dash Oregano Leaves (dried)
- Dash Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Take a small skillet and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat for a minute or so. Add potato, onions, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Stir in olives and empty the skillet into a mixing bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk, adding the oregano and pepper until well-blended. Pour the egg mixture into the same skillet.
- When the egg starts to cook on the bottom, spoon the potatoes and onion into the omelet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently fold the omelet in half to close it. Slide it onto a plate to serve.
Nutrition Highlights (Per Serving) Calories: 160 Fat: 4g Sodium: 420mg
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.