A cold, tomato-based and veggie-filled soup — perfect for warmer weather. Blended cucumbers and green peppers provide filling fiber and olive oil serves up healthy fats.
- 3 cups V8 100% Vegetable Juice, Regular
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Stir in a medium bowl: juice, cucumber, pepper, onion, oil, vinegar, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Place half of the juice mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth. Repeat with the remaining vegetable juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional chopped vegetables, if desired.
Recipe Tip: For a faster, chunkier gazpacho, you can just stir the ingredients together, without blending, and then refrigerate.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 86; Carbohydrates 11 grams; Protein 2 grams; Saturated Fat 1 gram; Sodium 365 milligrams; Total Fat 3 grams
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.