- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups Quaker Kettle Hearty® oats
- 3/4 cup salsa divided into 1/2 cup & 1/4 cup
- 4 ea eggs fried sunny side up or over easy
- 1 ea avocado peeled, seeded and diced (1 cup)
- chopped cilantro or green onions optional
- In heavy large saucepan, bring water and salt to a brisk boil. Stir in oats; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the salsa into the oatmeal. Top each serving with a fried egg, 1/4 cup diced avocado and 1 tablespoon of the remaining salsa. Garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro or green onion if desired.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||13g3g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||34g7g3g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.