Chicken & Tomato Balti
Print RecipePrint Recipe
Tikka masala marinated chicken simmered in a curry spiced broth with fresh tomato
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless (cut into 2 oz. pieces)
- 2 Tbsp curry paste divided
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 2 tsp fresh ginger peeled, minced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 2 tsp fresh serrano chili pepper seeded, minced
- 1 ea small onion trimmed, diced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 2 ea large tomato diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Combine chicken and 1 Tbsp curry paste (tikka masala). Toss to coat. Place in covered, shallow pan or sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, turning twice while marinating.
- In saute pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tsp oil. Add chicken. Saute until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add ginger, garlic and chili pepper. Saute for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add onion. Saute until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp curry paste, chicken broth, salt, pepper, cardamom and coriander. Saute about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cilantro. Heat through. Serve over cooked rice.
|Total FatSaturated FatTrans Fat||14g3.5g0g|
|Total CarbDietary FiberSugars||8g1g<1g|
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.